EB-1 “Outstanding Professor or Researcher” Eligibility Requirements

In order to qualify under the EB-1 “Outstanding Professor or Researcher” classification, you must show the following:
• Recognized internationally as outstanding in a specific academic area.

• 3-years of teaching or research experience. Teaching or research experience gained while working towards an advanced degree is acceptable if the degree was awarded, you had full responsibility for the class taught, or your research was recognized as outstanding in the academic field.

• Employment sponsorship for:
1. Tenured (or tenure track) teaching position;
2. Comparable position at university to conduct research; or,
3. Comparable position to conduct research with a private employer that employs at least 3 full-time researchers and has achieved documented achievements in the field.
Evidence must include at least two of the following

• Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in the academic field.

• Membership in associations in the academic field that require outstanding achievement of their members.

• Published material in professional publications written by others about your work in the academic field.

• Participation, either individually or on a panel, as a judge of the work of others in the same or an allied academic field.

• Original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the academic field.

• Authorship of scholarly books or articles in the academic field.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *