Frequently Asked Questions

Our office provides customized services for a diverse client base. Here are some frequently asked questions that we receive, and hopefully they provide you some insight of our firm and services. We encourage you to visit or call us for a more personalized consultation.


  • Q: What visa should I use if I am fiancé of a U.S. citizen? What about I am a spouse?
  • A: Different conditions apply to the two situations, and more information can be found here.


  • Q: What is the application process of EB-5 Immigrant Investor?
  • A: The application involves two main steps: file Form I-526, Petition by Alien Entrepreneur, and upon approval of Form I-526 petition, either file a) Form I-485 or b) DS-230 or DS-260. More requirements can be found here.
  • Q: What’s the difference between EB-1 A, B, and C?
  • A: They are all under Employment-based Immigration. EB-1A is for alien of extraordinary ability, EB-1B is for outstanding professors/researchers, and EB-1C is for multinational manager or executives. More qualifications can be viewed under Our Focus.
  • Q: I am currently not living in the U.S., how can I obtain my legal permanent residency?
  • A: In general, a consular processing is required for a situation like this. Click here for more information.
  • Q: If I AM living in the U.S. right now, how can I convert my status to legal permanent residency?
  • A: Adjustment of status is the process that an individual can adjust one’s non-immigrant status to that of a legal permanent resident while in the U.S. Click here for more information.